Milk and Flavoured Milk - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Milk & Flavoured Milk market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Take a cue from 'farm-to-fork' start-ups
- Introduce low/no/reduced lactose claims
- Fortify milk to meet the demands of modern consumers
- Position A2 milk as a healthy option for non-dairy drinkers
What you need to know
India is the largest producer of milk
Milk has been traditionally associated with many health benefits; however, this may not be the case now.
Increase in health consciousness
There are many worrying lifestyle diseases cropping up in India. Consumers are vowing to adopt healthier lifestyles and are actively seeking added benefits in all that they eat or drink.
Provide targeted benefits to consumers
Brands need to fortify milk in order to increase its association with 'health' for today's consumers. Fortified milk needs to provide benefits that target specific health concerns in order for consumers to see value in the product.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Milk cannot be considered as just another staple. With the evolving consumer needs, brand manufacturers have to provide more value from their products. Start-ups are providing a disruptive environment in the marketplace for milk. Consumers now want brands to provide them with targeted benefits through transparent processes and ethical claims.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Share of dairy alternatives, by year 2016-2018
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Ethical claims in milk
- [Graph] India: Top 3 ethical claims, by year 2015-2018
- Importance of nutrition from milk
- [Graph] India: Attributes associated with milk- Select, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Attributes associated with milk, by gender- Select, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of milk powder, by region and city tier May 2018
- [Graph] India: Attributes associated with milk, by region- Select, May 2018
- Flavoured milk
- [Graph] India: Share of flavoured milk drinkers, by region and city tier May 2018
- [Graph] India: Reasons for drinking flavoured milk- Select, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Occasion based reasons for consumption of flavoured milk- Select, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Agreement to "There are not enough flavours in flavoured milk" by age group, May 2018
- Who's innovating?
- Global innovations
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.