Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Noodles - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Maximise potential through healthier ingredients and a diverse portfolio
- New occasions can increase per capita consumption
- Moving towards healthy noodles
What you need to know
Tackle low consumption
Even though the demand for noodles may be high, per capita consumption is low. Brands need to address category blurring between snacks and meals by diversifying their portfolio to include different products for different occasions.
Play up convenience
Instant noodles need to harness their key benefit of convenience to all consumers, but specifically to single households.
And further elevate through health
The convenience highlighted needs to be elevated beyond just 'time saving' to be quality products that address the merging health concerns of Indians today.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
The instant noodle market has many players, with each player occupying different positioning and flavour spaces. Additionally, India has lower per capita consumption compared to other Asian countries, coming to around two units per person per year. There is a need for manufacturers to increase consumption, which can be done through tapping more occasions and adding more value.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] Global: Per capita consumption of instant noodles, 2017
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Demand for instant noodles, 2013-17
- [Graph] India: Snacking frequency in a day, February 2018
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Expand consumption occasions
- [Graph] India: Consumption of instant noodles by occasion in the past three months, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Top attributes associated with instant noodles by consumers aged 18-34 years, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Consumption of noodles at different occasions by city tier, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attributes associated with salty snacks by city tier, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Occasions of consumption of instant noodles by region, August 2018
- Introduce additional benefits
- [Graph] India: New flavours as a purchase driver by age group
- [Graph] India: Top growing flavours in instant noodles, 2016-18
- [Graph] India: Features in instant noodles willing to pay more for, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Traditional grains as a factor willing to pay more for, by age group of children in the household, August 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.