Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the OTCs market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Disposable income rise could spell trouble ahead
- Global retail market overview: OTC medications, 2018
- Pain and cough/cold/flu relief are the most active sub-categories across the regions
What you need to know
Pollution and climatic changes lead to ailments
Rising pollution levels and dust leads to people falling sick very often. Poor air quality led to frequent colds, coughs and sore throats in 50% of Indian households in the last 12 months.
Stress adds to these ailments
Adding to pollution and climatic change are growing stress levels. Advancement of technology and development has led to consumers suffering from headaches, digestive issues and aches/pains.
OTC provides quick relief in a time-effective way
Rising ailments and lack of time has driven consumption of OTC drugs as people look for quick relief from their issues. OTCs are the first port of call to cure ailments.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Consumer Research sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Cater to the needs of modern-day consumers who look for natural ingredients in their OTCs. Look back to traditional methods for cures to ailments to resonate with savvy consumers who are particular about what they use.
to opt for OTCs as a first step to treatment.
Consumer Research Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] Global: OTC medications NPD by sub-category and region, 12 months to April 2018
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- All about household ailments
- [Graph] India: Incidence of select ailments experienced in the household, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Incidence of select ailments experienced in the household, by metros, May 2018
- Attitude and interest towards OTC
- [Graph] India: Attitude towards OTCs, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Select attitude towards OTCs, by gender, May 2018
- [Graph] India: Format preference for an OTC/VMS, May 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.