Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Proteins - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
There is increased engagement with high-protein products. The Eat Right Movement and the rise of awareness about the Keto diet has increased opportunity for high-protein packaged products.
Consumers have become mindful of what they consume. This includes eating a balanced diet, exercising and focusing on overall wellness.
Access to high-protein products
With popular brands entering in to more categories with high-protein products, some consumers are becoming more aware of the importance of such products. Ease of access inculcates a keen interest in high-protein products.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Natasha Kumar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Create awareness about the benefits and sources of proteins among consumers. Diversify the added protein claim across categories to increase its relevance in diets.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: Main sources of proteins as perceived by consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Top perceived benefits of proteins, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Awareness of sources of proteins, by age group and gender, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Awareness of sources of protein, by region, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Awareness of sources of protein, by city tier, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Awareness of sources of proteins, by parent and working status, February 2019
- Aware consumers
- [Graph] India: Benefits associated with proteins, by awareness, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Steps trying to take to lead a healthy lifestyle, by activity of consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Attitudes towards packaged food and drink products, strongly agree by activity of aware consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Strongly agree with the statement "It's hard to know if I'm getting enough protein in my diet", by activity of consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement to attitude about proteins, by awareness, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Strong agreement with the statement "High-protein diets are just a fad", by activity of consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Agreement to select attitudes towards proteins, by aware consumers, February 2019
- Unaware consumers
- [Graph] India: Agreement to select statements about protein, by age group of unaware consumers, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Strongly agree to select statements about proteins, by city tier, February 2019
- Protein supplements
- [Graph] India: Consumption of protein supplements, by age and gender, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Strongly agree to select statements about proteins, by consumption, February 2019
- [Graph] Global and India: Launches with high/added protein claims, by category, 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL Indian consumer – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.