India Salons and Salon Services Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Salons and Salon Services market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Rise in disposable income and willingness to pay
The share of wallet spent on personal grooming is on the rise, with consumers being confident of their financial stability. The youth have aspirations and desires to look good and spend their earnings on themselves, be it beauty products, food or fashion.
Men have an increased focus on grooming
Men are now prioritising their appearance and grooming and want to look good and presentable. The age-old barbershop still remains the go-to place for men; however, they are also visiting new-format salons for specialised services.
Social media is fuelling the desire to look good
The youth of today is living in the digital age and is more connected on social media. They receive gratification and approval online and this drives their desire to groom themselves. Additionally, celebrity presence on social media and their activities trigger aspirational action among consumers.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rimpie Panjwani, a leading analyst in the Beauty and Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Make at-home services easier with format innovations; use hair and nail services to anchor loyalty in salon business.
Senior Beauty Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Top convenience claims in beauty & personal care, 2017-18
- Key drivers
- Global drivers and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: "Which beauty services have you had in the last six months? Please select all that apply", 2019
- Chapter 1: Hair services
- [Graph] India: "How frequently have you used the service of a beauty professional (either by visiting a parlour/salon or calling a professional at home)?", hair services, 2019
- [Graph] India: "How frequently have you used the service of a beauty professional (either by visiting a parlour/salon or calling a professional at home) in the last six months?", 2019
- Chapter 2: Nail services
- [Graph] India:"Which beauty services have you had in the last six months?",select services,2019
- Chapter 3: Salon service features
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.