Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Salt & Sugar Reduction - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
Lifestyle diseases continue to pose a health burden in India. However, the number of consumers proactively reducing their salt and sugar intake is low. In terms of new product launches, the proportion of low/no/reduced sugar products is small and that of low/no/reduced sodium products is minuscule.
All reports purchased from the Mintel Store now come with free access to our COVID-19 Global Insights Hub, allowing you to understand how industries and consumer behaviour is changing worldwide.
What does the COVID-19 Global Insights Hub give you access to?
- Over 450 pieces of research (with more published each week) addressing markets across the globe.
- Discover how people in countries at different stages of the crisis are adjusting to the 'new normal'.
- Trending industries which have seen growth due to the changes in circumstance.
- Our latest consumer research surveys, allowing you to see customers views right now.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rushikesh Aravkar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Develop a gradual plan for salt reduction, link sugar reduction with naturalness and inform and educate consumers on the benefits of sugar and salt reduction. Rushikesh Aravkar
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] Global vs India: Average sodium (mg per 100g/ml) by select food and drink category, Mar 2017-Feb 2020
- [Graph] Global vs India: Average sugars (g per 100g/ml) in select food and drink categories, Mar 2017-Feb 2020
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Key drivers
- [Graph] India: Consumers trying to reduce the amount of salt and sugar they consume, by age group, Dec 2019
- Attitudes to salt reduction
- [Graph] India: Consumers trying to reduce their salt intake, by age group, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Select attitudes and behaviours related to salt/sodium, by socio-economic class, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Interest in low/reduced salt snack foods, Dec 2019
- Attitudes to sugar reduction
- [Graph] India: Percentage of consumers reducing sugar consumption, by age, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Interest in low/reduced sugar foods, Dec 2019
- [Graph] India: Percentage of food launches that feature select claims, Mar 2015-Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: percentage of drink launches that feature select claims, Mar 2015 - Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: Top 10 food and drink categories for low/no/reduced sugar claims, Mar 2017-Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: Percentage of food and drink launches that contain sugar/carb sweeteners, Mar 2015-Feb 2020
- [Graph] India: Types of functional fibre ingredients found in food and drink launches that contain functional fibres and carry a low/no/reduced sugar claim, Mar 2015-Feb 2020
- Global innovations
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.