Skin Protection/Sun Care - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Skin Protection/Sun Care - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Climatic conditions are changing
Temperatures in India are higher than a few decades ago. Studies indicate that the mean air temperature is 0.41 Celsius higher than the average. This makes summers even hotter and overall temperatures higher, which makes the usage of sun care products even more important.
Ozone layer is depleting
As the ozone layer continues to deplete, the number of skin cancer cases are increasing worldwide. So far ,this has not made a big impact in India, but with increased industrialisation this could influence India's future.
Sunscreen regulations are evolving
The US FDA released regulations regarding certain ingredients in sun care products. India has yet to develop such regulations. There are no banned ingredients or caps on the SPF value that can be labelled on pack. As consumers' needs evolve, brands should strive for these changes to aid consumer understanding of the product.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rimpie Panjwani, a leading analyst in the Beauty & Personal Care sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Re-invent and re-position the sun care category in India by education, fortification and expanding the category to include after-sun benefits
Beauty & Personal Care Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] APAC: Sun care market size, US$m, 2018
- [Graph] APAC: Sun care market spend, US$, 2018
- [Graph] APAC: Top five countries, sun care product launches, Jan 2016-March 2019
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Section 1: Awareness of sunscreen as a preventive technique
- [Graph] India: "Which of these sun care products have you used in the last 12 months?", any sun care usage
- [Graph] India: "Which of the following do you agree with?", select statements
- Section 2: Fortify UV Protection
- [Graph] India: Top five claims* in sun care products, Jan 2018-Mar 2019
- [Graph] India: "Imagine that you are buying a new facial or body sun care product. Which benefits would you look for?", select benefits
- Section 3: Look beyond simple face/body sunscreens
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL Indian consumer - OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.