Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Soap and Bath Products - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Rise in income and awareness
India is one strong growth market for soap and bath products. Rising disposable incomes, coupled with growing awareness around personal hygiene, have contributed towards this. Moreover, affordability is further helping drive penetration.
Natural is big
Globally, natural soap, bath and shower products are most active in APAC. In fact, botanical/herbal claims are the topmost in APAC, including India. In India, 63% of new launches carried a botanical/herbal claim (2014-18).
The focus on plastic pollution, ethical sourcing and looming water scarcity will play a major role. Going forward, sustainability will dictate product usage, formulation and packaging.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Household sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Highlight superior benefits of shower products in a market dominated by bar soaps. Communicate suitability of shower products for bucket water bathing as well.
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: Top 10 claims in soap and bath NPD, 2014-18
- [Graph] APAC: Top 10 claims in soap and bath NPD, 2014-18
- Bathing habits and products
- [Graph] India: Mode of bathing, by region, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Mode of bathing, by monthly household income, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Soap and bath products usage, by mode of bathing, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Bath products used, by region, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Soap and bath products used in the last six months, 2019
- [Graph] India: Hand wash products usage, by mode of bathing, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Usage of liquid soap (shower gel), by life stage and occupation, February 2019
- Bar soap vs shower gels
- [Graph] India: Preference between bar soaps and shower gels, by mode of bathing, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Select product preference reasons, by bathing mode
- [Graph] India: % point difference between NPD claims in bar soap over shower products, 2014-18
- [Graph] India: Agreement with top five statements for bathing products, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Sun protection benefits sought in soap/shower/face wash products, by region, February 2019
- [Graph] India: Incidence of pet and hygiene wash, by fixed/hand shower usage, February 2019
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.