Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Spices and Masalas market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Emphasise the health benefits of spices – branded and loose
- Hot flavours still have massive appeal, especially among young consumers
- Emphasise the health benefits of spice mixes to help rebrand the market and encourage non-cooks to enter the kitchen
What you need to know
India loves spices
Spices are intrinsic to Indian culture. India is one of the largest spice growers in the world. The Indian spice market is projected to reach approximately USD18 billion by 2020, with growth in the sector expected to be led by branded spices and spice mixes.
Spices vary by region
The demographic split of the country is reflected in its food and spices. The consumption of spices is higher in South and North India compared to East and West India.
Use branded spices to help time-pressed consumers
Advertise branded spice mixes to help the time-pressed generation of modern India. 21% of people have claimed they want to manage their time better. Highlight the convenience of branded masalas to appeal to this evolving consumer base.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Nidhi Sinha, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Capitalise on the health benefits of spices to drive consumption. Position spice mixes as a means to drive gender equality by getting men into the kitchen.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Consumption of spices
- [Graph] India: Usage of spices, by age group, Feb 2019
- What spices mean to Indian consumers
- [Graph] India: % of launches by top claims, 2017-18
- [Graph] India: Attitudes towards spices – select, by age group, Feb 2019
- [Graph] India: Association with spices, by region, Feb 2019
- [Graph] Key attributes of branded spice mixes, by city tiers, Feb 2019
- Local innovations
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.