Sugar and Gum Confectionery - Indian Consumer Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Sugar and Gum Confectionery - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Key points included
- Opportunity to grow consumption
- Push sugar confectionery as indulgent
- Enhance the fun element of gum
What you need to know
Continuous innovation is key
Sugar and gum confectionery remains a low-involvement category in India due to limited consumption occasions. Therefore, in order to keep consumers engaged with the category, brands should focus on continuous innovation, 360-degree marketing and last mile reach.
Raise the price points
After sticking with INR0.5 candy for over five decades, the sugar confectionery market has been able to break barriers and secure bottom lines with INR1 price points. Companies need to slowly and steadily raise price points to bring about premiumisation and value-added benefits in this category.
Go bold with flavour innovation
The top flavours in this category have remained constant over the years. The success of Pulse candy created a little blip, bringing tangy flavour to the forefront. It is an opportune time to experiment and offer bold and dynamic flavour profile extensions to the traditional flavours.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Rushikesh Aravkar, a leading analyst in the Food & Drink sector, his extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Innovating sugar confectionery for young adults and women and elevating the fun quotient of gum, will reinvigorate this low-consumption, impulse-driven category.
Food & Drink Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
- [Graph] India: Sugar and gum confectionery launches by sub-category, Aug 2016-Jul 2019
- [Graph] India: Top textures in sugar confectionery NPD, Aug 2017-Jul 2019
- Key drivers
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- Chapter 1: Usage of sweets and gums
- [Graph] India: Sugar and gum confectionery consumption, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Sugar and gum confectionery consumers, by age, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of sugar and gum confectionery, by gender, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Consumption of sugar and gum confectionery in the last three months, by city tier, May 2019
- Chapter 2: Attitudes and innovations
- [Graph] India: Candy/chewing gum innovations consumers would be interested in buying, May 2019
- [Graph] India: Facial skin concerns among female sugar and gum confectionery consumers, May 2019
- [Graph] APAC: Per capita consumption of gum, 2017
- [Graph] India: Top 10 flavours in gum confectionery new launches, August 2015-July 2019
- Who's innovating
- Global innovations
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.