Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Surfaces Cleaners - Indian Consumer market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
What you need to know
Governmental and social emphasis on sanitation
Government's vision and focused initiatives around Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Mission) is pivotal in driving the sanitation schemes in India. Companies and brands have capitalised on the ongoing sanitation mission with heavy advertising focus on use of toilet cleaners to further the cause of cleanliness.
Global clean lifestyle trend
Consumers have a better-defined sense of clean eating and this is shaping their perception of what it means 'clean cleaning'. It is shifting from the removal of demonised ingredients to the inclusion of natural, food-based ingredients and, increasingly, limited ingredient claims. This creates an emerging market for natural home care.
Boosts natural home care
In 2018, global toilet cleaner launches carrying an environmentally friendly claim stood at 41%, compared to 25% in India. However, in floor care in India, botanical/herbal claims reached 24%, compared to 20% globally.
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Minu Srivastava, a leading analyst in the Household sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
Play up benefits to safeguard household cleaning products from price-driven, 'flirtatious' consumer behaviour in today's commoditised market
Table of contents
Table of contents
- Key drivers
- [Graph] Global: Household cleaner sub-categories, 2018
- [Graph] India: Household cleaner sub-categories, 2018
- Global trends and how they are playing out in India
- [Graph] India: Fragrances in new product launches, 2018
- Chapter 1: Surface cleaners – usage & frequency
- [Graph] India: Product usage, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Product usage frequency, August 2018
- Chapter 2: Surface cleaners – purchase behavior & features
- [Graph] India: Most important features in a household cleaner, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Select shopping habits for household cleaning products, August 2018
- [Graph] India: Household cleaning shopping habits, August 2018
- Who's innovating
- Global innovators
MINTEL INDIAN CONSUMER – OTHER REPORTS AVAILABLE
About the report
This report will tell you which major trends are impacting your market and how it changes according to the different regions and demographics across India. These trends are validated from our proprietary consumer data and market research. Our industry experts provide analysis and recommendations to help you identify opportunities and make better decisions faster. Access this report now and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.