Innovations in Insurance - Canada - July 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, “homeowners insurance” includes detached homes and condo insurance and “renters insurance” includes all renters/tenant insurance.
- Driving tracking devices transfer data on users’ driving habits back to the insurance company. They can be either a small hard-wired device installed in a car, a smartphone app or a combination of both.
- IoT (Internet of Things) refers to the concept of extending internet connectivity beyond conventional computing platforms such as personal computers and mobile devices, and into any range of traditionally “dumb” or non-internet-enabled physical devices and everyday objects.
- Smart thermostats are thermostats that can be used with home automation and are responsible for controlling a home’s heating and/or air conditioning. They allow users to adjust heating settings from other internet-connected devices, such as a laptop or smartphone. This allows users to control the thermostat remotely.
“Insurance app usage is low, particularly among older consumers, underscoring the need for insurers to incentivize engagement.”
– Sanjay Sharma, Senior Financial Services Analyst
This Report will cover the following areas:
- Blockchain and insurance
- Impact of the sharing economy on insurance
- Impact of autonomous vehicles on auto insurance
- Smart homes and home insurance
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.