ISAs - UK - September 2013
“There is huge potential to increase the take-up of ISAs, given that many more people hold cash and investments than hold one of these tax wrappers. A low central base rate should encourage more savers to look favourably upon cash ISAs, which tend to offer better returns than their non-tax-exempt cousins, while the recent improvement in the stock market could tempt more retail investors back to the equity market, in turn boosting net sales of equity ISAs.”
– Sarah Hitchcock, Senior Analyst – Financial Services
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What is the size of the ISA gap?
- How is the wider savings environment impacting on the market?
- How much customer churn is there?
- What proportion of savers believe now is a good time to invest in equity?
- To what extent are people able to save?
- What proportion of ISA customers use their whole ISA allowance?
- And what support is there for parity between cash and equity ISAs?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.