Jewellery & Watches Retailing - UK - September 2019
Covered in this report
This report examines the UK jewellery and watches retailing market for men and women aged 16 and over. The report covers:
- Precious metal jewellery, ie jewellery made with precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum, palladium and titanium.
- Costume jewellery, ie jewellery made from non-precious metals.
- Watches, including mechanical watches, quartz movement watches and a third type that combines a quartz movement with micro-mechanics for additional features.
- Note that the market size does not include smartwatches; more information on this market is included in Mintel’s Wearable Technology – UK, November 2018 Report
“The UK jewellery and watch market has benefited from the rising demand for high-priced investment pieces as well as new trends in jewellery. However, many of the big brands and retailers are suffering from the same issues plaguing the high street, such as growing consumer uncertainty and declining footfall. Furthermore, the mid-market watch segment is losing sales to digital devices such as smartwatches and fitness trackers that are in the same price point. As the market evolves, specialists must work harder to bring customers through the door.”
- Chana Baram, Retail Analyst
This report will look at the following areas:
- The end of ‘shrink it and pink it’: opportunities in luxury timepieces for women
- Jewellery retailers should do more to pursue the ‘pink pound’
- Reaching younger consumers with jewellery trends
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.