Juice - What Innovations Consumers Want & Opportunities for the Industry - Brazil - April 2019
This report covers the market for fruit juices, juice drinks, and smoothies in Brazil.
The market size data includes all frozen, refrigerated, or room temperature fruit or vegetable juices; pure juice, RTD (readyto-drink) nectars, and juice drinks, including carbonated juices consumers can drink without water. Coconut water is also included, and it is classified as “pure juice” (coconut juice).
Market size includes sales of juice in all retail channels and the products included are divided into:
- Whole/Pure juice: products consisting of 100% fruit juice
- Nectars: products containing 25-99% fruit juice with added ingredients, mainly water
- Juice drinks: fruit-based still drinks containing less than 25% fruit juice, with added ingredients such as water, but also sweeteners, flavorings, colorings, and/or vitamins
“The survey shows 100% whole juices have appealed to consumers who are seeking healthy options, while powdered juices have attracted those who prefer affordable options without compromising taste. Products positioned in this middle range – not so cheap or so healthy – such as sweetened juice drinks and fruit nectars will have to innovate in order to remain competitive. Adding extra benefits such as high protein content and functional attributes, for example, may be a good strategy.”
– Marina Ferreira, Food and Drink Specialist
This report will cover the following areas:
- Growing incidence of obesity among children represents an opportunity for juices with reduced levels of sugar and calories
- Beverage association signs an agreement with the Ministry of Health to reduce sugar levels of fruit juices
- New proposal on nutrition labeling may change consumers’ perception about the category
- Cities are banning the use of plastic straws for drink consumption
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.