Laundry and Fabric Care - China - July 2019
Covered in this report
The laundry and fabric care market covers laundry detergents, fabric conditioners & softeners and laundry aids. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer and excludes sales to professional laundries and launderettes.
- Laundry detergents include machine wash liquid detergents, other machine wash detergents (including powders, capsules and tablets) and hand wash detergents (soap bars, hand wash liquid detergent and others).
- Fabric conditioners & sofeners include standard and concentrated conditioners, and softeners
- Laundry aids include stain removers, ironing aids, whiteness and colour care products and other ancillary products for fabric care
“After years of development in China, capsules are still niche with further education needed, but more and more manufacturers are making efforts in capsules to stimulate the saturated market. Better performance and multiple functions should be prioritised for capsules for certain, while attractive packaging resonates with women well. Moreover, specialised products are rising due to trends towards premiumisation and product segmentation, with strong opportunity in intimate laundry products in particular.”
Vicky Zhou, Research Analyst
This Report will cover the following areas:
- The future of laundry capsules in China
- Focus on underwear/pants washing demand
- Treat clothes as people’s skin
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.