Leisure and Entertainment Preferences of Young Hispanic Adults - US - November 2010
Impacted by the recession there has been a slowdown in household entertainment spending over the last two years. However, Hispanics remain one of the fastest growing segments of the population, representing nearly a fifth of the U.S. population aged 18-35, and Hispanic interests in entertainment and leisure are an important component to any strategy that seeks to maximize impact among younger adults and the Millennial generation.
In this report, Mintel reviews how Hispanic attitudes toward leisure activities differ from non-Hispanics and within the various segments of Hispanic consumers. Insights are supported by Mintel consumer research, which delves into such topics as:
- Which activities are Hispanics doing more frequently in the current economy?
- How important is Spanish-language material in various forms of media (e.g. TV, movies, books, etc.)?
- How much has the internet impacted how Hispanics spend their free time?
- How can Hispanic moviegoers be better targeted?
- Which types of media (books, music, video games) are Hispanics more likely to consume?
- What role does the family play in Hispanic leisure pursuits?
- What motivates Hispanics to join health clubs?
- How often do Hispanics travel internationally?
- What types of strategies are being used by marketers to further segment the Hispanic population?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.