Leisure Time - China - September 2013
“Due to the slowing consumer economy in China, competition is increasing in many leisure services sectors, and this is forcing leisure service providers to look beyond their immediate consumer bases and develop more business among middle and lower income groups, and in lower tier cities.”
– Matthew Crabbe, Director of Research, Asia-Pacific
In this report, we answer the key questions:
- How is the slowing consumer economy in China making the leisure services market more competitive?
- What are consumers increasingly looking for to fill their leisure time, and how much more, or less, time do they have?
- What can leisure service providers do to engage more with a wider consumer audience, and what is it that consumers would respond most positively to?
- Which consumer groups are spending the most on which leisure activities, and where are the opportunities for growth?
- How significant is the work-life balance in determining how Chinese people spend and plan their leisure time, and what can leisure service providers do to turn this into opportunities?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.