Leisure Travel - US - June 2009
As noted in Mintel’s American Lifestyles—U.S., January 2009, millions of Americans have made subtle changes to their lifestyles as a result of the recession. While Americans continue to travel in relatively large numbers, many are making greater efforts to locate travel bargains before purchasing while others are taking shorter trips and/or traveling with a group to cut costs.
Given these and other significant changes in travel-related attitudes and behaviors—as well as the fact that the market is as competitive as it has ever been—it is important for companies to focus their marketing and development efforts on the preferences and lifestyles of travelers, especially frequent travelers. This report provides data and insight that will help companies gain a deeper understanding of today’s leisure traveler.
More specifically, this report addresses the following questions:
- How are American vacation attitudes and behaviors changing in response to the recession?
- What segments of the population travel the most and which should be targeted for loyalty programs?
- How has use of lodging, air travel and rental cars changed in recent years?
- What lodging services are most important to consumers and should be emphasized in ads and collateral?
- What are the most popular countries to travel to abroad and which states have the most appeal to leisure travelers?
- Which airport services are most likely to be used by leisure travelers?
- Which are the leading companies in the lodging, air travel and rental car segments?
- How are travel companies promoting their offerings?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.