Living and Dining Room Furniture - UK - February 2010
- The days of the conventional three-piece suite are numbered. Less than one in five adults think buying upholstered furniture as a suite is important.
- When buying a sofa two-thirds of consumers will go for the best they can afford whereas only one in ten will go for the cheapest available.
- Sitting in front of the TV is the most common way to take most meals (17 million) and over four in ten adults want sofas that are easy to clean away spills and stains.
- Sales and deals are now expected. Over a third of consumers usually wait for a sale before buying furniture for the living or dining room. Furniture retailers need to develop more inventive deals for customers to avoid consumer cynicism.
- Having a great website is vital for retailers of living and dining furniture. More than four in ten adults do research online before visiting a store.
- Furniture showrooms still have a big future. Half of adults want to test sofas in-store for comfort and more than four in ten think good customer service in-store is important.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.