Luxury Travel - US - September 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
This report defines “luxury travelers” as internet users aged 18+ who have had at least one of the following experiences while traveling in the past year, and plan on taking a trip that includes at least one of the following experiences in the next 12 months:
- Domestic or international flight in a premium service class (eg first, business or executive class)
- Flight on a private or chartered aircraft
- Overnight stay in a premium/luxury hotel
- Overnight stay in a luxury room/suite in any class of hotel
- Overnight stay in a high-end all-inclusive resort
- A cruise on a premium/luxury cruise line
- Rental of a luxury car brand while traveling
- Purchase of a luxury excursion package
- Purchase of VIP tickets to an event while traveling
- Employment of travel agent/advisor that caters to luxury travel
"The luxury travel market is enjoying an overall high level of global wealth. However, economic headwinds in important countries are creating difficulties for international luxury tourism, which may mean an emphasis on domestic luxury tourism is necessary. Meanwhile, the highest net worth travelers are responding to providers that can streamline travel and provide unique destinations and experiences, while the general population see luxury as a way to relax, escape, and show off to their friends."
- Mike Gallinari, Travel & Leisure Analyst
This Report will cover the following areas:
- Wealthier consumers should be the focus
- Wealth leads to a different view of what luxury is
- AHNW luxury is focused on the individual
- Individual attention takes the form of streamlining, immersion
- Younger travelers still want to engage with luxury
- The general population wants to show off their upscale trips
- Travel as a cure
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.