Maldives Travel and Tourism Market Report
Everything you need to make the right decisions
Providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and analysis of the Travel and Tourism - Maldives market, and the behaviours, preferences and habits of the consumer.
Mintel has the answers you’re looking for
What are the key challenges facing the industry? Who is the consumer and what do they want? Where are the opportunities, where are the risks and what lies ahead?
Covered in this report
- Who visits the Maldives and why?
- What is the current state of tourism in the Maldives?
- How may the Maldives’ tourism industry develop in future?
- How has the political situation affected tourism in the Maldives?
Expert analysis from a specialist in the field
Written by Jessica Kelly, a leading analyst in the Tourism sector, her extensive knowledge delivers in-depth commentary and analysis to highlight current trends and add expert context to the numbers.
A unique and award-winning watery paradise in South Asia, Maldives is a tourism success story, with potential for further development. The new government has announced a structural approach to tourism, aiming to protect the country’s delicate ecosystem and create a tourism more inclusive of the island’s people.
Senior Tourism Analyst
Table of contents
Table of contents
Maldives: Key Facts
Tourism and the Economy
- Figure 1: International tourist receipts, 2013-17
- Figure 2: International tourist arrivals, 2012-18*
- Figure 3: International tourist arrivals by region, 2013-18*
- Figure 4: International tourist arrivals from top 10 markets by nationality, 2015-17
- Results for 2018
- Purpose of visit
- Figure 5: International arrivals by month, 2017-18*
- Length of stay
- Figure 6: International tourists by gender, 2016-17
- Figure 7: Accommodation by type & bed capacity, 2013-17
- Figure 8: Key accommodation indicators in the Maldives, 2013-18*
About the report
This report will give you a complete 360-degree view of your market. Not only is it rooted in robust proprietary and high-quality third-party data, but our industry experts put that data into context and you’ll quickly understand:
What They Want. Why They Want It.
Who’s Winning. How To Stay Ahead.
Size, Segments, Shares And Forecasts: How It All Adds Up.
New Ideas. New Products. New Potential.
Where The White Space Is. How To Make It Yours.
What’s Shaping Demand – Today And Tomorrow.