Marketing Health to Asians - US - October 2011
Asians are the fastest growing racial minority in the U.S. and the Asian population includes a significantly higher number of high-income households than the norm. Asian Americans are a diverse group of consumers with different tastes and cultural backgrounds, depending on their country of origin or level of acculturation. This report looks deep into Asian attitudes regarding health issues, with the purpose of answering the question: how can health best be marketed to Asians? Mintel’s exclusive consumer research examines Asian attitudes and behaviors regarding their health, diet and purchasing behaviors regarding certain health products. This report will take a close look at:
- How healthy are Asian consumers and what is their attitude toward improving their health?
- What impact does acculturation have on behavior and values related to Asian diet and health?
- How do Asians research new information on certain health issues, nontraditional medicines, over-the-counter remedies and prescription drugs?
- What are Asians doing to watch their diets?
- What are physicians, community health organizations, and for profit companies doing to help Asians improve their health?
- How are companies changing their marketing approach to target Asian consumers specifically?
- How are Asians using traditional health services, nontraditional medicines, over-the-counter remedies and prescription drugs?
- What are the demographic trends of the Asian population and how does this affect their outlook and wellness?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.