Marketing Health to Women - US - November 2011
Overall, women demonstrate a high level of interest in health—including products like online tools to manage health, vitamins and supplements, and fresh foods. Subgroups, such as moms and Baby Boomers, have an increased health interest and are prime target demographics for health products. Over the next five years, the population of U.S. women between the ages of 55-64 and 65-74 is projected to grow rapidly, which will result in the need for additional health services for this larger group of older women. However, as birth rates in the U.S. have fallen significantly in the last five years, companies will have to compete for the attention of moms.
In this report, Mintel explores:
- Which ailments women have experienced
- How women treat those ailments
- What sources women turn to for information on health
- Which online tools women have used in the past year
- Which online tools women plan to use in the next year
- How often women exercise each week and for what duration
- If women try to eat healthy foods and if so, which factors are most important to them
- Which vitamins and supplements are most interesting to women
- How the answers to these questions differ between ethnic groups
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.