Marketing to Black Moms - US - April 2010
In an increasingly diverse society, advertisers can no longer afford to overlook the Black community as a significant consumer group. Black moms in particular are earning more money, postponing childbirth and living more independently than ever. On average, Black moms—regardless of household income—are more likely to choose name brand items over generic or private brands than moms overall. In this report, marketers will learn how to best draw in this group of consumers with topics including:
- Exclusive cultural insights into Black moms of today, and how to market to the New Black Mom—the educated, professional and increasingly well-to-do Black moms that are growing in number
- The demographics of education, household income, marital status and number of children among Black moms, including explanations and implications of these dynamics
- How the changing economy is affecting the spending patterns of Black moms
- The role of parenting values, childcare and spending habits of Black moms
- The primary shoppers in the households of Black moms, and their effects on item purchases and the overall amount of spending
- The potentials for selling baby durables, disposables, food and drink to Black moms based on sales forecasts
- Black moms’ preferred advertising methods, and the role of the internet and social networking sites in reaching out to this consumer group
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.