Marketing to Consumers in Tier 1, 2, 3 Cities - China - January 2015
“Consumers in tier one to three cities make up for more than 70% of the total urban population in China, making them the target of the majority of leading companies that have been trying to increase their product user base – especially in the lower tier cities – for further growth.
However, Chinese consumers are diverse; people living in different city tiers have different spending power, live in different retail environments, with their interests and needs varying as well, which can all have business implications for companies and brands when marketing to consumers in different city tiers.
This report focuses on the following aspects when studying the differences across city tiers: consumers’ spending priorities, shopping needs and habits as well as leisure preferences.”
– Laurel Gu, Senior Research Analyst
In this report, we look into the following questions:
- How do consumers in tier one to three cities plan to allocate their spare money?
- In which categories are consumers in tier one to three cities willing to spend more on premium products?
- How can companies and brands prove high-quality products to consumers in tier one to three cities?
- What are consumers’ shopping habits in tier one to three cities?
- What leisure activities are consumers in tier one to three cities most interested in after work/ over the weekend and during longer vacations (eg, public holidays and paid vacations)?
- What are the key differences in lifestyles between consumers living in different city tiers?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.