Marketing to Kids - US - November 2010
Kids 6-11 are a diverse group: some are still very much children, while others are on the threshold of their teenage years. Some are starting to wrestle with issues of self-esteem, while others are still content to watch their favorite television shows and play with their toys. Some want fame, while others want to be fashionable.
In this report, Mintel investigates important issues, trends, beliefs and other factors affecting this demographic.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Specific strategies and tactics for marketing a wide array of products, such as using environmentally friendly messages when targeting girls
- How manufacturers of healthier foods are starting to use marketing techniques honed by fast-food companies to target kids
- How companies are creating free online video games to build brand awareness and stimulate interest in toys, games and movies
- How kids earn money and how they choose to spend it
- The place of media (television, the internet, music, and so forth); the obesity epidemic, and parental spending habits in the wake of the Great Recession
- Kids usage of the internet, ownership and use of video games and personal electronics
- Kids’ attitudes towards the environment and “green” initiatives
- Kids’ future aspirations
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.