Marketing to Moms - US - February 2010
The well-established notion that moms control or strongly influence most of a household’s spending is taking on even greater significance as the Great Recession continues to motivate American families to re‑evaluate what’s truly important in their lives. Understanding moms’ perspectives and priorities has never been more important to brand marketers and retailers.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of what drives today’s moms, including:
- The demographics of motherhood, ranging from their age and income, to their employment, marital status, and the type of household in which they live
- A look at how the notion of a working mom as shifted in a generation from the exception to increasingly the rule, and how moms’ approach to balancing work and family continues to evolve today
- An analysis of what moms themselves consider to be the qualities most essential to being a good mom, and what’s perhaps not quite so essential
- Insight into what’s important to moms when it comes to planning family activities and providing family nutrition
- Analysis of moms’ increasingly budget-driven shopping behavior, including the most important influences on her purchase decisions
- An update on moms’ rapid adoption of both social media networks and various forms of technology
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.