Marketing to Moms - US - February 2012
For today’s moms the pressure to “do it all” is as strong as ever. Not only are they more likely to be primary earners in their households, they continue to hold primary responsibility for most parenting duties and household upkeep. As they try to balance the many priorities in their lives, they have an increasingly varied array of resources to call on, from trusted personal contacts like their partners, friends, and parents, to authority figures like doctors and teachers, to brands, and a broad selection of online resources.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of what’s important to moms as they navigate the increasingly complex world of parenting, including:
- An overview of today’s moms including: trends in demographics, birthrates, marriage statistics, employment statistics, educational attainment, and family arrangements.
- An examination of how moms spend time during the week, including the reality, their ideal, and their priorities for a hypothetical extra hour in the day.
- Insight into moms’ and dads’ perceptions of ongoing shifts in who handles various parenting duties and examples of how marketers are adjusting to new realities.
- Analysis of moms’ online activities.
- Revealing research on which sources of parenting information and advice moms trust most, including analysis on how Millennial moms differ in this regard from their older counterparts.
- How becoming a parent changes moms’ purchasing behaviors, priorities, and attitudes.
- Moms’ greatest parenting concerns and pressures.
- What moms really want for Mother’s Day.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.