Marketing to Mums and Mums-to-be - UK - September 2011
- What is the impact of the continued economic stagnation on the roles that mothers play within the family unit?
- What changes to self-image and spending priorities are typical during and after pregnancy?
- How has life changed for women since the arrival of their children in terms of their social life and spending habits?
- What are mothers general concerns about the world in which they are raising their children?
- What role do trusted brands have to play in persuading parents to part with their cash?
For the purposes of this report, a mum is a female over the age of 16 who has at least one child under the age of 21 living within the household. Mintel estimates that there are 8.5 million mothers living in the UK. Data from the Office for National Statistics show that single mothers comprise 14% of all UK family types
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.