Marketing to Pet Owners - US - September 2012
This report primarily covers owners of household pets including cats and dogs, as these represent the vast majority of pets owned. Where relevant, other pets are discussed. This report includes limited information on the sales of pet foods and supplies in order to provide context, but focuses on the pet owners themselves, exploring their characteristics, demographics, traits, attitudes, and behaviors.
What the 'Marketing to Pet Owners' report covers
This report primarily covers owners of household animals including cats and dogs, as these represent the vast majority of pets owned. Where relevant, other pets are discussed. This report includes limited information on the sales of pet foods and supplies in order to provide context, but focuses on the pet owners themselves, exploring their characteristics, demographics, traits, attitudes, and behaviors.
The report covers five segments of the overall pet market, defined as follows:
- Pet Food - Dry, semi-moist, wet, refrigerated/frozen dog and cat food; cat snacks; dog biscuits and treats; food for animals other than dogs and cats
- Pet Supplies - Litter, deodorant, litter bags; rawhide dog chews; leashes, collars; scratching posts; toys; cages, habitats; animal bedding; aquatic supplies; shampoos; vitamins and OTC medications; etc.
- Veterinary Services - Routine exams; surgical and nonsurgical treatments; lab services, etc. Includes only services provided by veterinarians who predominantly or exclusively treat companion animals
- Pet Services - Grooming; boarding; training; etc. Includes pet service revenues at veterinary offices and pet stores in addition to businesses primarily offering pet services
- Live Pets - Household pets, including cats, dogs, small animals (ie, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs), fish, reptiles, and birds
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.