Marketing To Renters - UK - November 2011
“While still in the minority, accounting for 12.6 million adults, renters felt the aftermath of the credit crunch deeply, with over three quarters admitting that renting is their best option because they can’t afford to buy a place of their own. The inability to get on the property ladder pushes up the demand for rentals and their price, putting a further squeeze on renters’ incomes, with rents and utilities currently accounting for 37% of their monthly spend. ”
– Ina Mitskavets, Consumer and Lifestyles Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What was the impact of the credit crunch and the continued economic stagnation on renters?
- What are renters aspirations towards home ownership?
- What are the current roadblocks for purchasing a property and what reasons do renters use when choosing to live in a particular location? What are their attitudes towards living in that location?
- What channels do both renters and homeowners use in order to find their ideal place of residence?
- How involved are renters and homeowners in their local communities?
- What are the differences in monthly spending patterns between renters and homeowners?
- What are the differences in decisions about home furnishings and home shopping destinations between renters and homeowners?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.