Marketing to the iGeneration - US - April 2016
"Until recently, the iGeneration has been largely overshadowed by the preceding generation: Millennials. As iGens begin to edge Millennials out of the key 18-34 demographic, marketers need to pay closer attention to this generation’s priorities and how their behavior differs from the dominant Millennials."
- Fiona O'Donnell, Category Manager - Multicultural, Lifestyles, Leisure and Travel
This report discusses differences that are helpful to understanding this up-and-coming generation:
- They are even more racially and ethnically diverse.
- They are the true digital natives – this doesn’t know a time without instant connection.
- They view social media as a way to influence and be inspired by the world around them.
For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has used the following definitions:
- Tween/teen iGens: internet users aged 9-17
- Adult iGens: internet users aged 18-21
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.