Marketing To Women - UK - March 2011
Consumer behaviour can be complicated and bewildering. What makes women think, feel and reason in a certain way? How do they choose between different product alternatives (eg brands, products and retailers) and equally what influences their purchase decisions (eg culture, family, media)?
Identifying an individual’s personality type makes it easier to understand the underlying behavioural patterns of that individual. A woman may behave differently depending on situations, even though her personality is relatively stable. However, personality traits and characteristics have a strong influence on her behaviour.
Based on a combination of the ’Big 5 personality factors‘ proposed by researchers Costa and McCrae and Raymond Cattell's 16 Personality Factors, Mintel’s research covers the following five core personality traits that are measured in the marketing to women survey.
- Personality traits and characteristics have a strong influence on behaviour; based on a combination of the ’Big 5 personality factors‘ proposed by researchers Costa and McCrae and Raymond Cattell's 16 Personality Factors, this report delves deeper into the core personality traits of women.
- What makes women think, feel and reason in a certain way?
- How do women choose between different brands, products and retailers?
- To what extent does culture, family and media influence their purchase decisions?
- How do women evolve through the age groups and lifestages, and how does this affect their relationships with brands and the choices they make?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.