Media Consumption Habits - China - January 2014
“Owing to the urbanisation and the growing coverage of broadband service in China, digital media are widely accepted by Chinese consumers. With the general willingness of paying more for high-quality and personalised digital media, this opens up an opportunity of offering tier-based premium services for some digital media.
On the other hand, digital media will be facing an imminent challenge due to the lack of trust in the content and advertising shown on digital channels. One of the potential solutions is transferring consumers’ trust from conventional media onto digital media to make it seem more trustworthy.
Horizontal integration combining information-sharing platforms and the information source before buying a product or service to create a consolidated platform for consumers could help brands to stand out. Brands could bridge the gap between sharing and information-gathering platforms in order to provide consumers with the one-stop information portal they need.”
– David Zhang, Research Analyst
In this report, we answer the key questions:
- What is the current state of the usage of media by Chinese consumers in urban areas (tier one to tier three cities)?
- Which information sources do Chinese consumers use when buying a product or service?
- Which social media platforms are used by Chinese consumers for sharing their experiences of a product or service?
- For what reason consumers do use different types of media?
- What are consumers’ general attitudes towards media?
- How can companies use digital media more efficiently and effectively when reaching consumers?
- What are the opportunities and challenges for launching premium content services?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.