Media Trends Spring - UK - March 2019
Covered in this report
This report examines people’s media habits in terms of purchasing and activity over the last three months. The primary media areas of focus are video, music, and print media.
- Video – includes TV shows and films delivered through DVDs, Blu-ray discs, pay-TV subscriptions like Virgin Media or Sky, and streamed video services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
- Video Games – includes PC, console, and mobile games.
- Music – refers to CDs, digital download singles, digital download albums, and streaming music services such as Spotify or Apple Music.
- Print media – refers to newspaper, magazine, and book titles in either a digital or physical format.
- Physical print media – ie newspapers, magazines, and books, as opposed to websites and e-books
The special focus topics of this report are media content that people create and upload online, and behaviour after consuming media.
“Media platforms with user uploaded content, such as YouTube and Instagram, have to take greater responsibility for the content they display that is inappropriate, harmful or infringes on copyright. Algorithms, however, currently lack the sophistication to make accurate assessments over which content should be banned or demonetised, which is leading to conflict with creators”.
– Rebecca McGrath, Senior Media Analyst
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.