Men's and Women's Fragrances - UK - September 2011
This report examines the UK market for men’s and women’s fragrances including eau de toilette and eaux de parfum products and colognes:
- eau de parfums (EdP) have an 10-30% concentration of essence
- eau de toilettes (EdT) have a 5-20% concentration of essence
- colognes, often referred to as eaux de cologne, have a 3-5% concentration of essence.
The words “perfume” or “scent” are sometimes used as synonyms for fragrance. To avoid confusion, this report uses the terms perfume, eau de parfum, eau de toilette, cologne and, as a generic term, the word “fragrance”.
- Due to the importance of the Lynx brand and its wider use as a fragrance rather than a deodorant, especially among younger men, for the purposes of this report, body sprays are included in the definition of men’s fragrances for market data purposes. Please note that this differs to the women’s fragrance market, which does not include body sprays.
- Line extensions of fragrance brands, including bath and body products, deodorants, shaving products, shower gels and shampoos, conditioners and styling products have also been excluded.
- Duty-free products bought when travelling are not included in the market size data.
- The “grey” market is a term used within the fragrance industry for fine fragrance products that are sold outside the selective distribution network of authorised distributors and retailers supplied by the fragrance houses. Sales through these channels also fall outside of the remit of this report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.