Men's Attitudes Towards Clothes Shopping - US - April 2010
Men shopping for clothes in the US report a wide range of habits, motivations and frustrations that accompany the retail experience. While more than three quarters of men say they bought clothes in the past year, most buy only to replace old or worn out items. This is cause for concern among apparel retailers because the replacement cycles of clothing are infrequent (although significant numbers of men indicate that they view clothes shopping as a leisure activity, or at the very least, not as a chore). This report provides close analysis of these ideas, as well as in-depth examination of the following:
- The ways in which population growth among men will impact the men’s clothing market, with key analysis of specific demographics
- The divide between young and old over purchase frequency, retail channel preferences, reasons for clothes shopping and approach and attitudes towards the entire experience
- The role of income in purchases, and how the ongoing recession is further complicating clothes shopping for both men and retailers
- How lack of desirable styles and correct sizing may cause men to abandon certain retailers in favor of others
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.