Men's Fragrances - US - November 2010
The U.S. men’s fragrance market sold through food, drug, and mass channels excluding Walmart (FDMx) has been in steady decline since 2007, and shows no signs of reviving as long as the economy continues to stagnate. This poor climate has likely led nearly half of men surveyed by Mintel who do not use fragrance to say they do not do so because they consider them an unnecessary expense. However, there are a few reasons to believe that sales declines will at least decelerate, such as a growing male population and the continued popularity of gifting. This report provides in-depth analysis of these factors, as well as close examination of the following:
- The desire among respondents to Mintel’s survey to try out fragrances and spend time deciding which suit them best, which should prompt more manufacturers and retailers to provide testers
- The tendency for respondents to wear upscale scents and shop at department stores, despite the effects of the economy
- How companies can provide affordable, smaller sizes to attract men on a budget
- How celebrity scents and new releases can help prevent further FDMx sales losses.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.