Menu Insights - China - October 2015
“Standing out from the crowd is a phenomenon embraced especially by young consumers who are able to project their identity through avenues such as what they buy and eat.”
– Joshua Channon, China Analyst
This report will answer the following key questions:
- Are coffee shops and dessert shops a threat to casual dining and fast food restaurants?
- Are people becoming more open to cuisines from other regions of China?
- What ingredients are perceived as being nutritious but boring?
- What influences peoples’ perceptions of what constitutes a premium product?
- What causes food safety concerns, and therefore where do opportunities for imports lie?
- Is it more important for menus to guide consumer choice or build their confidence in the food’s safety and quality?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.