Mobile and Casual Gaming - US - December 2010
Recent years have seen a shift in video game users—the Wii hearkened a new vision of what a “gamer” looks like—often older than previously envisioned, and female to boot. This new gamer seeks games that are easier to learn, less time-consuming, and that allow them to interact with friends and strangers online. Dedicated devices are rarely part of the equation. This begs the question for the industry—what is the best way to reach consumers in a changing gaming landscape? In this report, Mintel looks at the growing casual and mobile gaming industry, and answers the following questions:
- How has economic downturn impacted traditional video games and what does this mean for casual and mobile gaming?
- How is casual gaming monetized?
- How do casual gamers feel about in-game advertising?
- Which are the best targets to reach through different types of portable, mobile and casual in-game ads?
- What is social gaming, and what does it mean for the industry looking forward?
- What are casual gamers willing to pay for, and what do they expect for free?
- Where is there cross-over between hardcore gamers and casual gaming avenues?
- How can online or mobile games be used as part of an overall branding strategy?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.