Mobile and Home Broadband - US - April 2011
The introduction of 4G mobile broadband speeds represents another potential game-changer for the intensely competitive consumer broadband industry. Cable operators are under pressure to satisfy the needs of consumers for faster speed and increased mobility, while telephone companies see mobile as an opportunity to regain lost DSL subscribers. Close monitoring of consumer usage patterns will be increasingly important as broadband offerings continue to evolve.
In this exclusive report, Mintel takes a look at trends in the market for home and mobile broadband plans, as well as innovations and consumer attitudes that will shape demand in 2011.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- Which companies and technologies are gaining subscriber share?
- What types of internet activities drive the need for speed?
- How are consumer access methods changing over time?
- How competitive will 4G mobile broadband be to in-home fixed connections?
- How many consumers are aware of and willing to pay for 4G?
- How does speed and reliability of in-home connections compare to mobile?
- How common are high-bandwidth activities on mobile devices?
- Why have most consumers not yet subscribed to a mobile internet plan?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.