Mobile Apps - US - June 2012
Perhaps never before has there been a market in which product supply and variety so greatly outweigh demand. As of December 2011, over one million apps were available, but the median number of apps used daily on phones or tablets is between one and two, and a typical app user may download less than a dozen apps over the life of a mobile product. This report aims to help developers and marketers navigate this space with research and commentary focusing upon the following issues:
- Who are the most avid app users?
- How do consumers decide which apps to download?
- Is app acquisition an activity that primarily occurs after a hardware purchase, or is it a continuing behavior for the course of the lifespan of the phone or tablet?
- How do consumers discover new apps?
- Who are the influentials and early adopters that drive uptake of ads?
- Who makes up the audience for apps by OS?
- Can brands outside of the technology space utilize the app market?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.