Mortgage Intermediaries - UK - May 2010
- Around a fifth of mortgage advisers believe that customers turning to online sources of information is a major challenge for the industry. A year ago only 11% of advisers highlighted this as an issue.
- A third of mortgage holders and prospective borrowers would only arrange a mortgage after taking advice, but a fifth are confident enough arrange their mortgage independently.
- Cost-cutting and business diversification remain the top priorities for mortgage advice firms, but there are some signs of improved business confidence. Cost cutting has moved down the agenda, while the proportion of advisers prioritising marketing activity has increased.
- Almost three fifths of intermediaries do not feel supported by lenders and nearly two thirds feel that lenders do not treat brokers fairly. Mintel’s research suggests that dual pricing by lenders is a major source of irritation among mortgage intermediaries.
- Since the start of 2010 there has been a noticeable reduction in the number of mortgage advisers who are critical of the lender/intermediary relationship. Improvements to lender and product communication appear to be helping this situation.
- Research into the potential impact of the Mortgage Market Review reveals that intermediaries are most concerned about the impact of proposals to introduce more rigorous affordability assessments and income verification.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.