Mortgages - UK - March 2013
“There is a high degree of pent-up demand among prospective first-time buyers, with nearly 4 million UK adults looking to buy their first home over the coming year. However, with house prices still high relative to average earnings and tighter lending controls, for example in relation to income multiples and LTVs, the majority of these prospects will remain aspirational homeowners.”
– Sarah Hitchcock, Senior Analyst – Financial Services
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Why is home ownership declining?
- And how are house prices contributing to the problem?
- So how much demand is there to buy property?
- What are the main implications of the MMR?
- What is the future for interest-only mortgages?
- How much competition is there in the market?
- What is the outlook for new mortgage lending?
What you get
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.