Natural and Organic Personal Care Products - US - March 2009
This report explores the natural and organic personal care category and includes insights on how this category can continue to grow despite ongoing competition from lower-priced traditional personal care, economic recession and consumer confusion with industry standards and definitions. Topics include:
- Detailed exploration of the distinct opportunities within food, drug and mass merchandiser retail in contrast to natural supermarket channels
- Expectations for growth for 2009 and beyond
- How leading players managed (or didn’t manage) to grow business in 2008
- How natural and organic standards will impact consumers
- How the downturn in the economy is altering purchasing, and what companies can do to innovate in response
- How Tom’s of Maine and Burt’s Bees have successfully managed acquisitions by traditional suppliers
- How FDM outlets are promoting natural/organic personal care to compete with NGS
- How purchase rationales differ between natural and traditional personal care products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.