Natural Products Marketplace Review: Shelf-stable Foods - US - December 2009
Natural and organic food and drink sales experienced strong growth over the last decade, and in particular in the last five years as mainstream FDM aggressively started stocking natural/organic name and private label brands. The recession has curtailed growth in the short term, and in this report Mintel discusses how consumer trends, the economy and new product trends are influencing the market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the natural/organic beverages market in FDMx and natural supermarkets, and Mintel’s forecast through 2012
- How the economic recession, and a shift towards frugality has hurt certain sectors of the natural/organic beverages market, and how retailers and manufacturers alike have responded
- The rise of natural/organic private label brands as consumers trade down, but not out, of the organic marketplace
- The latest new product trends that are going “beyond natural/organic” with other feature sets appealing to the natural and organic consumer
- To what extent confusion over “natural” and “organic” terms are impacting the market
- Changes in shopping behavior versus last year among consumers who buy natural and organic products
What you get
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.