Non-Alcoholic Beverages at Restaurants - US - May 2013
“Consumer tastes have become more sophisticated, and they are increasingly searching for new specialty beverages that offer a unique experience. However, a greater focus on health aspects of sugary beverages and their link to obesity is affecting the market and causing shifts in menuing and the promotion of beverages.”
– Bethany Wall, Foodservice Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How do health concerns influence beverages?
- How can operators appeal to the rising complexity of consumer tastes?
- How can operators meet new needs as the role of drinks shift?
- How can operators entice consumers away from ready-to-drink options?
- The factors driving the market, including economic indicators and restaurant sales data.
- Marketing strategies across many advertising mediums, including television and social media.
- Menu trends over the past three years covering multiple segments and beverage types.
- Consumer ordering behavior, including beverage types and changes from last year.
- Qualities consumers look for in drinks and restaurants they visit when purchasing drinks.
- Consumer attitudes and behaviors concerning health, convenience, and expectations of drinks.
- Breakdown of consumer survey data by standard demographic groups and cluster groups.
The most common non-alcoholic beverage types used in restaurants are soda, tea, and coffee; however, analysis of other non-alcoholic beverages less widely used at restaurants is also included.
Alcoholic beverages are not included in the scope of this report.
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.