Non-chocolate Confectionery - US - October 2010
In spite of the weak economy, non-chocolate confectionery has shown impressive sales growth across all product segments in the past two years, proving that it is a recession-resistant category, much to the pleasure of manufacturers, marketers and retailers. Consumers are rewarding themselves with sweet treats, and thus rewarding the industry.
However, the buzz surrounding the issues of diet, health and obesity, along with efforts to address those issues, could put the candy industry at odds with important initiatives. This report discusses these issues along with how the industry is responding. It also highlights the best of what’s happening with product innovation and effective marketing along with a range of other topics, including:
- Sales performance of non-chocolate confectionery by segment and retail channel, as well as the forecast for the market through 2015
- Insight into sales trends, as well as consumer purchase behavior regarding different types of candy, and in what direction product innovation is going
- Investigation of the most popular brands, discussion of what makes them so popular and their trended sales performance
- Examination of competitive threats and how non-chocolate confectionery marketers can contend
- The effectiveness of recent advertising and social media efforts made by some of the early adopters in the confectionery industry
- Analysis of the most and least avid confectionery consumers by key demographics, including gender, age, income and race/Hispanic origin
- Insight into kids’ and teens’ attitudes and purchase behaviors.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.