Noodles - China - January 2016
"The instant noodle market is forecast to stay flat over the next five years – declining a little due to consumers' increasing health consciousness. In order to drive business growth in the future, brands need to target the core users (people in their 20s) and take action to meet consumers' evolving eating preferences."
- Yujing Li, Senior Research Analyst
This report looks at the following issues:
- How can noodle brands target young consumers?
- How can instant noodle brands respond to consumers' higher eating standards?
- What are the regional differences in people's noodle eating habits and purchase factors?
This report provides information on the behavior of current packaged noodle consumers and instant noodle consumers. It goes into detail to understand which type of noodles consumers are more interested in and for which occasion they usually eat those noodle products. In the meantime, important consideration factors are also investigated in this report to guide brands in forming marketing and trade strategies.
This report covers the following two kinds of products:
- Packaged noodles: this segment includes fresh, chilled and frozen noodles, either with or without added flavour sachets, side dishes or soups.
- Instant noodles: this segment includes mainly pre-cooked and dried noodles sold with flavourings or side dishes, packed either in sachets/packets, cups/bowls or trays, which are usually consumed by being soaked or cooked in boiling water.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.